Monday, March 11, 2013

April and Tom's Excellent Adventure!!

SPRING BREAK!!!!  Finally we just two short days away from blowing this popstand and heading to sunny California.....San Dimas, CA to be exact, the destination of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure!  From the looks of it we might even see some 80+ degree days while we are there... Suckers!!!! 


I am beyond stoked, so stoked that in fact we started packing tonight, which is a nice change of pace from our stay up until 2 am the night before packathons!  One thing I have quickly noticed however is wow, packing for a mountain bike race is much easier than packing for a triathlon.  I keep thinking I'm forgetting stuff since I really only have to pack for one sport this go around!  Tom on the other hand is trying to jam all his tri training gear inside his section of our 1 checked luggage bag, good luck honey... you get about 30% of packing space, ya know?  Of course all the important stuff is going in the carry on bag cuz well you know you should never trust strangers!



Here is what's on tap for Wednesday's plane ride....


The Bonelli US Cup race starts on Saturday and since I am a crazy cat I signed up for the Cat 1 Triple Crown event, which means I'll be racing three times.  The XC race on Saturday morning, the Super D race on Saturday night and then the Short Track race on Sunday afternoon!  The XC race is definitely the big race and the one I'm most focused on, but I figured if I'm gonna fly all this way I might as well bite of as much as I hopefully can chew!  From what I hear the Super (aka the Stupid D) entails some type of course that is net downhill and fast, but does at times require you to pedal your bike. The race is time trial format so it's just a race against the clock and usually the races are under 10 minutes long.  I am pretty sure I'll be braking my ass off the entire time!!!   Sunday's short track event sounds like a circuit race of sorts with lots of short laps and in a short time frame,say 20 minutes or so.  Sounds a bit like cyclocross, but without all the shenanigans.

On top of all the racing fun my coach lives somewhere south of LA and  I'm super pumped to finally get to meet him in person.  It seems from my experience that whenever you're working with someone remotely there always value in getting to interact with them face to face.  Matt's also got a couple other athletes racing Bonelli so it will be fun to meet them as well. 

I'm really looking forward to a much needed break from work, some time at the pool with my cute man and hopefully some damn good sushi!!!! What more could a girl ask for???   


 

4 comments:

  1. Hope you're enjoying your vacation! Thanks for rubbing in the 80 degree temps when it snowed here today and is supposed to storm on Sunday ;)

    Good luck tomorrow, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, and what’s perhaps even more devastating is that there’s been so little support to help the community rebuild.
    riding gear california

    ReplyDelete
  3. The post is written in a very good manner and it entails many useful information for me. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post.
    riding gear california

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really thankful to you for this great read!! You did a very great job, keep it up.
    riding gear california

    ReplyDelete