Saturday, April 20, 2013

My Foundry Auger!!

Alas....there is a new bike in the tool shed and I can't stop staring at it.  My very own Foundry Auger!  It's so freaking hot!!  Its unbelievable.  If you can't tell by this photo I was beyond ecstatic to take it out for it's very first ride.


I swear, every time I swing a leg over one of my Foundry bikes I feel just a little bit more bad ass than the last time. I feel as though I can conquer the world, and everyone else had better watch out!!   In fact, its a miracle I didn't crash my bike last week because I'm pretty sure I was staring down at it's awesomeness the entire ride!! 


Of course I have been dying to write this post ever since the bike arrived, but I was hoping to wait until after the Mammoth Gravel Ride to do it so that I could update you with how well it performed during that adventure. But since MN is brutal these days, they had to postpone the race :( which means that post will just have to wait for another day. 

However, what I can say today is that I am incredibly stoked to be riding for Foundry this year and I am 100% convinced that their bikes are the most bad ass bikes on the market. The performance and responsiveness of these bikes is unmatched and really all you have to do to believe it is just ride one. CAUTION: This is not your flashy look at me kind of brand.  These bikes are meant to ridden, and they are meant to be ridden hard.  Foundry is full of grit, sweat, and guts... there is nothing passive, fancy or soft about it. This is most certainly a brand I can get behind and I am extremely honored to ride their bikes. 

The Auger like the rest of the Foundry bikes is a "Tool Not a Trophy."  Last I checked this tool is pretty hardcore!


Dictionary.com seemed to disagree with me for some random reason....

au·ger

[aw-ger] Show IPA
noun
1.
Carpentry.
a. a bit, as for a brace.
b. a boring tool, similar to but larger than a gimlet, consisting of a bit rotated by a transverse handle.
 
Shenanigans...I don't know what on earth they are talking about..and it's obvious they haven't ridden this beast of a bike yet! There is absolutely nothing boring about it!! Just ask Mackenzie Woodring, she rocked her Auger over 62 miles of gravel last month to win the Barry Roubaix....pretty sure she had a blast!  http://www.cxmagazine.com/barry-roubaix-open-women-winners-foundry-auger
 
Lastly,  I particularly love that Auger ends in GRRR, and over the next year I promise to grit my teeth and flare my nostrils as I dig and drill my way though gravel, dirt and grass.  It's gonna be one hell of ride!!
 


 

5 comments:

  1. I have just offered one, quite possibly the first in New Zealand. Can't wait, sounds like an awesome bike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesomme NZMIKEM....you will totally love it!! Enjoy...and Keep me posted once you get it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet wheels! New bike day is the best day! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought one a few months ago and love it too. Small note, not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, hah: boring -> bore, as in to make a hole, so a tool that makes holes, not a tool which is not exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh Alexander...I laughed my ass off when I read this. I guess I should have looked up the definition of "boring" too :) Makes sense now!!! Glad you love your AUger too! I just decked mine out with some slime green accents...love the black canvas!

    ReplyDelete