Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Finding Balance

All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on.
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/h/havelockel106430.html#me5GR8ECQUY84Lt9.99
"All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on." - Henry Ellis

When I first started this blog my hopes and dreams were that it would serve as a lens to the exciting life of a female mountain biker...that it would inspire more people to hop on a bike, to seek adventure, to take risks, and to always sleep with big dreams.  Mainly, I wanted this blog to be authentic... I wanted it to be real.


Okay..maybe not this real???
If you remember my post from this past January, this is the year where "Less is More."  In my first full year of cycling I made a lot of mistakes. I raced too much, trained too little, and I was always leaning right over the edge.  Over the past few months I've been thinking a lot about balance and being comfortable with "what works for me." 


Snickers definitely works.
Like most of you that read this blog, cycling is a hobby for me.  It's a huge passion of mine, but like you, I have many other passions such as my family, friends, and my career.  It's important to me that cycling has it's proper place, that it fits in my life. I often times get asked questions about my training.   How often do you train?  How many days a week do you take off? Do you ride the trainer? How do you stay focused on your workouts and dedicated to your training plan? Do you use a heart rate monitor? Do you use a power meter?

Since I'm in the midst of a 5 week break from racing (5 weeks are you crazy??) I'm going to take a forced break from the race blogs and share with you some things about my training plan and ways that I've been able to chase this goal of being a professional cyclist all while managing a family, social and career life!  There will be no secret training here (although some details will be vague to protect CTS training logic).  If you are interested...stay tuned. 

Meanwhile, something really awesome arrived in the mail last week!  My very own Compex Sport Elite!!!!  I am beyond excited to be an ambassador for Compex and I can't wait to share with all of you the huge impact this product is going to have on my 2014 season.

 
I have already been working this machine overtime and I have instant good news to share. This past weekend I put in 7 hours of riding over 2 days (that's a lot for me!) On Saturday night I used the Compex in Recovery Plus mode almost immediately after my ride.  I woke up Sunday feeling absolutely amazing and I actually felt better on Sunday's ride than I had on Saturday!!  Party on.


Post 4 hour Dirty Ride

No comments:

Post a Comment