Sunday, November 9, 2014

FLORIDA VACAY - Good Friends, Good Times, Good Fun

Florida was EVERYTHING I had hoped for and more.  It was easily one of the best vacations I've ever had and it seemed like for an entire 9 days absolutely nothing got in the way of fun & relaxing. Well, except for a couple South Beach roaches and one small cat fight over getting lost. Bah, perfect is lame anyway.

Our trip started in Miami with Tom, Lisa, Christina, Eman and Anne all racing the Miami 70.3!  They all pretty much rocked it with Lisa racing to 8th in her Age Group and Eman punching a ticket to 70.3 World Champs! 


Lisa, Tom, Eman
Tom raced a solid race after spending most of the fall on the road for work. We were both super excited that he got to race in Lazer's brand new Wasp Air! 

 
We rented a cute (minus the roaches) condo in South Beach, spent some time laying out, running, having dinner on Espanola Way and looking up what rich punks own the biggest Yachts in Miami.  South Beach, I'll be back some day.

Lisa & Christina at Havana 1957 on Espanola Way


Tuesday Tom, Lisa, Christina and I all hoped in the SUV and made the super long trek to Panama City.  When we arrived at our beach house rental in PCB we were absolutely speechless!  The views were so incredible we could not believe it.  I felt like I was 15 all over again as I dug into to my luggage and immediately put my swimsuit on.  We all ran down the beach and straight into the waves of the ocean.   I was blissfully happy.


View from our beach house
 
The rest of the week was mostly chilling, running, eating, drinking, and laying out. On Wednesday Tom turned 40!!!

 
Thursday we all volunteered at the Ironman Florida expo and then Sunday enjoyed cheering good friends Sue and Jon to Ironmanish(they cancelled the swim) finishes!


Tom, Lisa handing out swim caps and race numbers!!
 
Ironman Expo - If you put a bike on a shirt...I will buy it!!!
On Sunday Tom, Paul, Nick and Megan all signed up for Ironman Florida 2015....and of course we reserved the same house for next year!!! And then it was back home and back to reality.

Here are a few photos of Panama City Beach!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment