Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Spring Break - & so much to look forward to!

Spring Break!!!!
 
So as you can tell it’s been pretty quiet for once in  my race world.  I’m calling this somewhat of a spring break.  After pretty much over-racing & unraveling at the seams in the winter of 2014,  I decided to approach the next year of racing differently. This meant deciding which disciplines & races were going to be most important to me.  I decided to put all my focus on the Fat Bike Season and the Summer MTB season.  This meant taking a break from CX racing and also having a proper SPRING BREAK!
 
 
Ever since Fat Bike Birkie I’ve pretty much been just enjoying the warmer riding and getting back into a training groove (tempo, tempo, tempo).  I’ve been loving the Saturday “Dunn Early” long rides with TCBC and even more so loving the donut & latte that I refuse to deny myself mid ride!  Tom and I have also been literally counting down the days until a legit spring break in Cancun!! 
 
 
Anyone that knows me well knows that I love three things most in this world…. Bikes, Cats, and MEXICO!!   This trip will be a tad on the shorter side, but it will be just me and Tom and I’m really looking forward to that time with just the two of us – no bikes, no races, no distractions.  Just us. 
 
 
Mexico aside, there is plenty more to look forward to! This break from racing has given me some time to focus on some other things, like helping Penn Cycle with their summer initiative...Ride Like a Girl -- -an amazing effort to get MORE WOMEN ON BIKES!  If you haven’t joined the new Ride Like a Girl group on Facebook…ummm why not?  Check out the sweet new logo below – and rumor has it, there are even going to be t-shirts!  Everyone knows how much I love t-shirts.

 
I plan to help out with a string of Ride Like a Girl events this summer – the  first of which will be on April 21st at the Bloomington Penn Cycle from 6-8PM (don’t worry I’ll remind you).   Don’t miss this event which will focus on Bike/Women's Safety & Nutrition.  Of course there will be drinks & snacks....and you'll get to hear some testimonials & ask some questions to gals from the many disciplines of cycling (beginner, weekend warrior, racer, commuter, etc) I bet you can’t guess which one I’ll be representing :)
 
In other news….it’s almost new bike day!  I’m building up a new hardtail and I’m pretty stoked about it.  I’ll refrain from photos until the finished beauty that I envision– but I will say this for now….it’s silver, it’s durable, and it’s pretty rad.  Remember, this is the year of firsts.
 
Lastly – If you haven’t had your bike fit by Chris Balser (aka The Bicycle Fit Guru) – you're missing out & you’d better hurry up and get in the schedule!  Summer is coming, your mileage is increasing, you’re getting that new bike ready to ride.  Don’t forget to be nice to your body and to your watt output :)
 
Happy trails & Happy Easter everyone!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment